It has MAP and O2 sensors, I twiddled a bit with the MAP but I think you
are correct that it is a vac problem.  The computer data showed
everybody happy though, even the O2 was saying it was in normal bounds
which I thought a bit odd.  Truman did have some guy who did FI work
take a look at it, but he wanted a lot to try to do something with it,
so I let it go.

I don't know, the truck is too rusty to make it worth fooling with I
think, so scavenging the good stuff and junking the rest, and wait for
some later inspiration on the good stuff is probably reasonable.  If I
ever redo it I might look for a used system, or Holley had a TBI set up
for either $400 or $600 back when I looked at it, that I think you could
monkey with the computer some.  There are a lot of old trucks with good
(i.e., not rusty) bodies but shot engines around here, so that might be
a fun project.  Or putting the lump in an old Benz...I saw a guy here at
a car show a few years ago who had made a kit for putting a 350 in a
911, it was actually a nice clean installation and he said the thing
went like a BOH.

--R