From: R A Bennell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:16 am
Subject: [MBZ] Seat Belt Q

Friends have an 01 (I think) E430 4Matic. It was rear ended hard enough to set
off some sensor that locks the seat
belts but then has to be replaced. This was a month ago and they still cannot
drive the car because the dealer is
still waiting for the part. They have been told it has to come from Germany.

Anyone encounter this sort of thing? Seems odd that this part is so hard to
come
by. Can't help wondering if they
could get it out of the US by overnight courier instead of waiting for some
munchkins in Germany to produce it.

Randy