On Feb 13, 2008 11:45 AM, dave walton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I changed a transmission on a 2001 Jetta TDI. It was the job from
> hell.

Wouldn't that be true of any kind of drivetrain work on a
front-wheel-drive car, though?  Everything's all jammed up together
under the hood, after all, not nicely spread out front-to-back as it
should be.  What was especially bad about the VW?  (I ask never having
done or even contemplated any serious repair job on a FWD car, other
than my old Saab 900's which are quite a different beast than the
typical transverse-four-with-transaxle arrangement.)

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.