Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Having W123, W124, W201, and an A2 jetta, the jetta blows them all
> away in terms of how cheap it is to keep on the road. The W123 was a
> neglected car, so it's probably not a fair comparison. The W124 and
> S124 were far FAR more expensive than them all.

I had an A2 Jetta as well, and agree it was pretty cheap as far as
repairs and maintenance go, but I bought it new at about 4 times what
I paid for my 300D, and I financed it.  So that killed the cost of
ownership numbers for me.  I'm pretty sure a 20 year old Jetta would
have cost me more than my W123 to own, they just are not built to last
that long.

Allan
--
1983 300D