one of the last straws with me and organized school was when the "teacher"
told the class how columbus put smallpox in blankets and gave them to the
indians.

1.  the kids can't write or add, so i think there are better things to be
doing than slandering
2.  that story is about not about columbus, but someone else
3.  it is complete slander.  a made up story.