Many years ago I worked with a guy who grew up in
South Bend, Indiana.  He worked at the Studebaker
plant during the time when Studebaker was winding
down, about to drop off the face of the Earth.

He said that everyone knew they were going to get
canned, but were upset because management continued to
deny the company's impending demise on a daily basis.

So what did they do?  Well, according to him, the door
panels became trash cans, and in some cases,
receptacles for, shall we say, solid human waste.

He said the last week of production was a crazy time,
with all sorts of unimaginable things going into the
last cars going down the line.

Dan

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs