That's because it isn't a Japanese car. It's made in Mexico and is a rebadged
Renault (their "B" platform, used by the Clio and Modus). Ditto for the Sentra,
which uses the Megane or "C" platform.

There has been some discussion that Chrysler may rebadge some Renault B- and C-
cars to fill the gaping hole in their product line, ie the absence of any
small, fuel-efficient vehicles.

D.