Currently owning a 92 300TDt and having owned a 89 300TE I can say I'm
bias.
Fine cars, with mb-tex you don't need those sheepskin covers, it's
indestructible.

An E320 wagon is hot stuff, very fast, good milage, work horse, my
wife has
filled them with dirt, 700 lb of lumber, oh endless list of crimes...
Likely you can find
one with all the maintenance done.

As for the 4matic ones, I understand once the previous owner has
suffered thru the 7 odd revisions
to the transfer case they are acceptable. In looking check with the
dealer to ensure you've the last
revision, otherwise you'll be out $$$ for a new one someday soon.

If you want something very modern a C class wagon 2003ish era is very
nice, real rocket.
Ensure of course the owner has had all the 2000 era mercedes issues
fixed.

On Feb 17, 2008, at 7:37 PM, Zeitgeist wrote:

> Well, I have a 124 wagon, and as an alternative.

John
1983 300TDt  386k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1990's 300TDt  216k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1993 500SEL 206k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)