On Feb 23, 2008, at 3:52 PM, Craig McCluskey wrote:

>> I told him that he could call the utility company & they will fix the
>> over voltage problem by moving a tap on his line transformer at no
>> charge.
>
> That's the least they should do.

Speaking of which it's always good to phone your electrical utility and
ask them about any incentives to buy CFLs   Sometimes they actually
have programs which they fail to properly advertise,  if you ask we
can tell you otherwise silence...

Here on vancouver island they shelved their plans for a another power
plant after
doing a big (advertised) push for CFL usage and provided coupons,
recycling 500W
quartz standing lamps etc.  That effort decreased power usage, and was
way
cheaper than say oh the price of doing the environmental study for the
generator plant