Only recently I've had a very mild interest in the thought of keeping
chickens. So you are allowed to do it in the middle of the city? Then we
could probably get away with it on our 1.3 acres. We are only 2 miles from
downtown but it's a pretty rural area.
I'm surprised to hear of the social nature of the birds, and what nice pets
they make.

Do you use them for eggs? I'd love the cheap source of food (no pun
intended).

We had a friend back in MN that had several types of animals. He brought
some duck eggs in occasionally. They tasted a bit more "eggy" than chicken
eggs, but I liked that. They were a bit larger too.

What are the negatives or hard parts about keeping chickens? How many do you
have?

So chickens lay eggs on their own without being mated by a male? May be a
stupid question, but I grew up a city boy.

Brian