Hendrick said.....

>>> OPEC is very shy of telling exactly how much they have left, so as
>>> to stuff the world around.
>>> Also China and other parts of the developing world are starting to
>>> use up vast quantities of oil.
>>> There may well be oil reserves under the oceans but getting at them
>>> will require technology that is still beyond us.
>>> I suppose it is in the interest of OPEC to not oversupply, cause
>>> once their oil runs out it's back to herding camels in the desert.

Actually, deep water drilling is getting fairly common.  It was new back in
2001 when I worked for Unocal (Now part of Chevron), but Chevron recently
drilled a well in 7000 feet of water and 20,000 feet of seabed.  That opens
up a LOT of area for access.  It does take about 10 years to get it drilled
and on production.

Royce