Thanks to those who responded to my 'reminder' re: UK gas prices - some very
readable replies

Sure, I appreciate that distances are greater in the USA, and that we DO have
good 'public' systems here in the UK, but you don't have to get TOO far out
from the bigger towns, and cities, before, just like in the USA, the
privately-owned car becomes the only viable option for the daily commute

It'll be very interesting to see what happens here when gas prices go
'super-critical' - some have suggested that it'll be like going back in time,
with people travelling far less for work, shopping, and leisure - and a return
to 'village' life with local shops and amenities

Howard Fulford
Bath
England

'89 190E 2.0 l 5 speed manual