Rich said....

At 05:37 PM 3/2/2008, you wrote:
>Just got home from the Sunday Ultimate game, right after we finished
>playing and were sitting around, I hear a drone from afar and see a big
>4-engine prop plane coming, it flew over at about 800ft -- was a B-17,
>which I think belongs to the Lone Star Flight Museum in Galveston.
>Earlier I had seen what I think was a B-25 but did not get a good look
>as it was a mile or so away.

Yep....that's what it was.  They have a B-17 and a B-25 and several smaller
a/c.  There were several LSFM planes up at the Montgomery County airport,
and for a fairly hefty fee ($425 for 20-25 minutes in the B-17), you could
go for a ride in the plane.  I live about 3 miles from the airport, and saw
'em flyin' around all afternoon.   I had been down in Freeport all weekend
working on a ship, and saw the billboard on the drive home.  Check out their
web site... http://www.lsfm.org/.  They do fly-ins at the small airports
around Houston, and I think on most other weekends you can get a ride at the
museum site in Galveston.

I just picked up old model kits of a B-17, B-25 and B-29 from a local hobby
shop...$5.00 each.  The grandsons and I are gonna have fun with those.

Royce