A better deal if the kids can make the payments in addition to their own
mortgage.  Many cannot, or cannot be counted on to do so.
BillR

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Mitch Haley
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 2:06 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: REVERSE MORTGAGE

LarryT wrote:
> I know you used that term to make a point but I've always had a problem
with
> kids thinking they have a right to what the parents worked a lifetime to
> accumulate - or parents thinking it's expected.

As an alternate to a RM, you could do a land contract with the kids
in effect making them the reverse mortgage lender. You get lifetime
tenancy, they get to make a monthly payment to you and keep up
the property taxes. They build equity as time goes by, and if they
outlive you they inherit the remaining interest from your estate.