i bought my house in outstanding condition.  it was owned by an old woman
who paid to keep up every element of the property.  like many old school
people, however, she never replaced anything, but fixed stuff.  so
everything on the house is about 30 years old.

i sent the kid down to the garage to take my clothes out of the dryer.  she
reported them still wet.  so i told her add time.  and hour later, still
wet.  add more time.  an hour later, still wet.  so now i go investigate.
turns out the cylinder no longer spins and my limited wardrobe is soaked

1.  does this sound like an easy fix?
2.  does this sound like a fix i ought not undertake but should hire someone
to do for me?
3.  does it sound insane to fix a 30 year old dryer, so just throw it out
and get another one?
4.  do i just convince my mom to get me some ventless combination
washer/dryer and just keep it in the kitchen and shut down the wasteful
large garage setup?