I read the entire thread that you gave me the link to yesterday and that is
exactly the conclusion I came to. Also, the thing probably won't even be LSD
since they tend, seemingly, to need rebuilt every 50K mi to 100K mi. That would
be the next step.

Chris

Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Christopher McCann wrote:

> Thought about that. There is a nice 560SEL at PNP right now..

Find out what the ratio is. Worst case, swap subframe/diff/control arms/hubs/
speedometer and live with the new final drive ratio.

Bünter u. Bügel Diesel Sales & Service
-1985 300SD, 370K km, "Wulf", B20-getrieben
-1992 350 Ram Wagon, 1 Ton, 58K mi, "Der Abschleppwagen"
-'75 240D, '80 300SD, '85 300Dt, '84 300Dt & '83 240D