Glenn,

Not quite true. On the SLs, specifically the 113, a California coupe
will NOT have a soft top. I have never come across a r107 without a
soft top from the factory. WRT to w107s, the SLC, I have never heard of
these officially termed as California coupes and believe such reference
to be incorrect.

Mathieu

'70 280sl California coupe
'78 280slc