Jim Cathey wrote:
> Ours was $350 at auction with a bad tranny and some rust
> starting, plus the usual bottom-feeder neglect.

What do you think about a turbo with 160k on the clock, nonfunctional
improperly rebuilt tranny (subsequent B2 piston failure after failure
to replace the cylinder sleeve?), leaking heater core, air in the
radiator hose, nonfunctional cruise, broken seat spring, broken
windshield, broken hood star, shakes and smokes on cold start but
cleans up within a minute (could be anything from glow plug to
cracked head), broken LCD in temp display, heat & A/C claimed
to be working, small rust hole in one door and one rocker panel,
rust starting in the rear wheel arches?

I'd offer $800-1000 for it if the tranny wasn't busted. Ebayers have it
up to $670 as is with four days to go.