OK, our story continues...  the seller just emailed me saying she has
given up on selling---as drivable, I mean---the '86 300E with the bad
alternator, leaky exhaust manifold, leaky timing cover, broken
sunroof, broken ACC, bad head gasket, and who knows what else, and
will entertain offers for it as a parts car just to get it out of her
garage.

What should I offer her?  I'm thinking slightly more than she'd get
from the scrap-metal orcs.  $200?   It has good tires and the interior
is very nice dark blue Tex...

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.