On Apr 14, 2008, at 9:01 AM, Gary Hurst wrote:

> i didn't have a driver's license for years until i bought a house.
> they
> owuldn't let me close until i had one, so i got one.
>
> i used to just use my costco card for id

Hah, you realize of course the terrorist  they arrested in Port
Angeles on his
way from Canada to blow up LAX with his car trunk full of glassware
containing interesting
chemicals had raised the suspicion of the USA customs official by
showing his
Costco Card when asked for ID.

That might be fine to show a Costco cashier but I bet if you tried
that on a homeland security dude it
would trigger that:  "Oh we've seen that before reflex?"