Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:57:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christopher McCann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Soy oil price!
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

My father-in-law is a dairy farmer, so I understand exactly what you
 are talking about. But why are soybeans up? Why is milk up? My father in
 law is happy to get more for his milk...but he is also paying way more
 to produce that milk. Silver cost $12/oz to mine and refine and it sold
 for about $4/oz for 20 years. Now it is $18-21/oz...are we making
 ethanol and biodiesel out of milk and silver? NO. It's mainly inflation
 (the loss of buying power of our currency) and that, in the long run, will
 not help farmers any more than us.

Chris

Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Soybeans had been at $4.50 a bushel for decades. It NEEDED to go up,
 loads of farmers were growing below the cost of production.

-Curt