May well be that something is frozen, perhaps the handbrake is not fully
retracting.
Best of to strip the brakes off and then do the turny test to see if it
is bearings or brake related.
If the diff is leaking it means there is oil in there, the only time a
MB diff will not leak is when it is out of oil.

Hendrik
with a leaky diff or two