Yes, we used a laser temp sensor.  It showed there were no problems with the
actual temp of the engine, just the gauge.
BillR

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Chuck Landenberger
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 1:20 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Two questions, at least - 1981 300SD injector pump and
temp fluctua...

Bill,

I had a temp problem on my 500E......  Do you have a laser
Thermometer...??  I merely had a problem with the connection at the
gauge.  It was loose.  Tightened!  No more temp problem.......

Check the coolant lines and engine with a laser thermometer...  Even
cheap ones work pretty good.

Hope this helps..

Take care,

Chuck