-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN Charleston SC J52
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:41 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Two questions, at least - 1981 300SD injector pump and

Bill,

Probably already answered (I on digest and catching up) but here are my
thoughts:

1)    You probably have an air bubble, and if your thermometer does not
agree with the gauge, your gauge may be off.  Air Bubble: park car
facing up hill on slight incline with heater controls on full heat (or
put front axles up on jack stands), drain off a gallon or so and pour
back into the block via the top radiator hose.  Pour until coolant is
about to run back out, re-connect hose and put remainder into expansion
tank or radiator.  You may have to squeeze the upper hose to 'burb' as
much air as possible out as adding those last few pints.  Keep squeezing
until you can't get any more air bubbles into expansion tank/radiator.

2)    Sounds like pump timing is off and maybe the linkage is not
adjusted correctly.  Let us know if you need the instructions for timing
the pump.

Very respectfully,
/s/
LCDR Max Dillon