I  am replacing the  generator  regulator  for the third time  in my
300se  . Failure leads to  a  extinguished  charging   light  on the panel
at all times  and no charging.
with the regulator  replaced  the charging light  activates  on ignition
and goes out on starting  the engine ,  The  charging voltage is around
14.1 V and  battery charges rapidly  till the unit fails again without any
warning . No red light  activating , only the   interior lights going dim
tell me the charging has stopped.

I have checked the  ground  strap at the generator and the engine  ,it is
clean and sound  connection . what to check next, seems as a large spike
from something wipes out the regulator.

mak