I think "stupid prices" sums it up. :-)  Is gas really expensive enough to
justify going to all the hassle, and expense some are going to to convert
cars?  Again, just running a normal diesel, compared to gas, is paying a
premium for a diesel car really worth it?  I personally don't think so.  If
you like diesels, then sure, they're great.  To me, it just boils down to
what parts you like to work on and fix.  They all break, nothing lasts a
million miles, and when they get to be 25 years old, not sure there is any
car I'd want to trust to carry me across the country.  Oh I know lots do and
lots make it, but not something I'd feel comfortable loading the family into
and trusting for such use.

Ed
300E