In a message dated 4/30/2008 8:26:16 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

No need  if you have a bit of heft in you. Just drop it on your chest and
>>  scoot out. Obviously have someone near by.
>
> When I worked at  a Honda dealer, one of my coworkers showed up on Monday
> with a huge  cast on his arm. It seems that Kelly had pulled the tranny
> (THM 350 or  THM 400) on his Chevy pickup on Saturday. He braced his
> elbow against  the driveway with his palm under the oil pan, grabbed
> the tailshaft  with his right hand, and pulled the tranny off the locating
> dowels so  he could catch it on his left hand. Shattered his left forearm
> like a  toothpick. Scared me off from manual tranny catching for life.

I was  able to bench press my Toyota manual trans-axle into place with some
cursing  ect. I was exercising and lifting weights at that time though. I would
 probably struggle more now.

Rick Knoble

Rick, Rolf, and all.

When I was about 27, I put a 55 Olds 4 speed Hydramatic in my Corvette, for
drag racing.  I dug a hole in the dirt to fit my body,  then slid the trans on
my chest and boosted it in.   It took  about 3 trys!  I think my gonads were
gone for about 3 days!

I later weighed one of these and with the fluid coupling, it was 225  pounds!

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 264 K miles
98 ML 320, 155 K  miles