I don't recall there being anything involved with the fader in the 123 chassis
other than the knob (potentiometer) itself.  As someone else suggested, unplug
it, jumper out the plug, and ignore it.

  Dan

LarryT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  A while back someone gave a summary of how the fader knob works with all the
other stereo equipment. Seems like there's a transformer (or some other
gizmo?) somewhere? I'm mostly concerned with the '78 240D (no trunk mounted
equipment) & looking for a system summary - I'd like to take the fader out
all together and use the radio controls - but seems like it's more
complicated than cutting wires twisting them together.

Does anyone have that info?

TIA ---

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS! youroil.net