-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN Charleston SC J63
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:29 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] computer OS other than MS

Linux gurus and others,

Here is the show-stopper that I see for MY situation.  Review: plan is to
purchase cheap laptop for use while I travel.  Mostly personal stuff (set up
Skype or some other webcam/audio method of communicating with home front
while I'm gone, peruse MB stuff, read up on survival skills, etc.) but, and
here's the big but, I'd also like to be able to access some military sites
so that I can do official work if needed.

So, we are now delving into the security realm.  Worse yet, DOD security
realm.  I am just savy enough to know where the boundaries are that when
crossed, the Internet Police come to my cube and ask what I'm doing and who
am I and please show some ID and follow us (that has only happened once so
far.  Embarrasing!).

So, can I make Linux work with Active Card Gold or Active Client?  Please
contact me offline if anyone has been down this path.  Secure communication
paths are available to me.  I've tried to make Mozilla Firefox work for
these military sites on my XP machine, can't do it and haven't found anyone
that knows (but I haven't really tried very hard).

OK, maybe this isn't a show-stopper, but would be nice to figure it out and
be able to do more things with future laptop...

Thanks,
Max