I was reading the Journal of the Kansas Bar Association today and it has
reports of recent decisions by the Kansas Court of Appeals.  There was a case
about a guy who bought a 1995 Mercedes (it just says it was a 320) for $17,000
in January 2005.  It had over 135,000 miles.  The new owners discovered that
the A/C didn't work.  Of course, it was the evaporator.  They sued under the
implied warranty of merchantability.

One of the seller's defenses was that he lost money on the sale. I find that
hard to believe.  A ten year old E320 with over 135,000 miles cannot possibly
be worth $17,000. At any rate, the decision of the Court is pretty interesting.
 Here is the text of the decision. I agree with the dissenting judge.

http://www.kscourts.org/Cases-and-Opinions/opinions/ctapp/2008/20080314/97062.htm

Donald H. Snook