The driver's window in the POS 300E won't go up all the way because
the regulator has about an inch's worth of teeth missing.  The motor
and switch are fine---the window just gets to that point and then the
gear has nothing to grab on the regulator's "rack," so the motor keeps
running but the window doesn't move.

I don't have a spare, so I'm contemplating finding a little rectangle
of scrap metal in the junk pile and cutting out some teeth with the
Dremel (leaving a strip at the base of the teeth to hold it all
together---it'll look like a crude saw blade when done).  Then I'll
JB-Weld it into the blank space in the rack.  I don't think it has to
match the existing teeth perfectly, just give the gear something to
grab so that it doesn't lose momentum getting through that section and
back to where the teeth are still good.

The best part of the plan is that the place with the missing teeth is
situated such that it's visible through one of the gaps in the inner
door panel, so I could actually do this without removing the regulator
(which always seems to leave my hands looking like I've been trying to
give a cat a pill).  Think it'll work?

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo, '86 300E, et al.