Manfred

Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:10:40 -0600
From: Lee Einer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I use a Texas smoker, no propane or rotisseries here.

Brine 'em first, helps keep moist. Lower is better, temp-wise.

When I do up a brisket, I typically get up to build the fire around
  2:30
- 3 a.m. and let her smoke slow and easy on an oak fire, for 10 hours
  or
so. Keep the temp low, and it will be smoky/juicy/good. ETOH is also
essential, but not as a marinade or baste. It optimizes the attitude of
the grillmaster.