Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 09:11:58 -0500
From: "Tom Hargrave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hydrogen Power?
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

A small amount of hydrogen & oxygen (brown's gas) will improve the
combustion process and will provide more power. Then you'll use that
additional power plus extra to make more Brown's gas.

Propane injection also works but its false economics. You burn less gas
  &
more propane.

All of these solutions were tried in the 70's & they finally
  disappeared
when the public figured out that they were BS.

The real issue is that whenever there is money to be made, there are
  more
than just a few crooks out there waiting to take your hard earned
  dollars.

That said, there is a way to use water to improve mileage, but not by
  much.
We experimented with water injection in the late 70s. The idea was to
  spray
a small stream of water through the carb when it was running. The water
would mix with the air & would convert to steam in the engine,
  providing a
little extra "push". The idea worked - I documented a 1 MPG improvement
  in
my 1974 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Problem was, 1 MPG was not worth the
  trouble
of maintaining the system.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave