"Donald Snook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Kaleb wrote: "that and the fact that the middle east is just about out of
> oil."
>
> You know people have been saying that since the 1974 Embargo. I don't
> trust anything that those countries are telling us about how much oil
> they have. They have an incentive to say there supplies are running low
> that way they can keep production lower than what the market demands.

Use of FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) is a time-tested effective way
to get someone to give you what you want.  It characterizes a lot of
left-wing and environmental activist organizations (though certainly its
not exclusive to them).

I agree with Don, you need to evaluate statements in light of the
motivations of those who are making them.

Allan
--
1983 300D