In a message dated 5/29/2008 1:25:09 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Wilton Strickland wrote:
> 'Just ordered stuff for my 87 300D evapectomy from Rusty & Crew.

Take pictures and/or video as you go deeper into the dash.  I did the one on
my 79 about 5 years ago and have been rewarded with a leak free AC system ever
since.  Still has R-12 in it!  The evaporator had started to disintegrate due
to dirt and moisture build up and was about 1/3 (dare I say) occluded.

Just a note for all you want to avoid this task.  Keep the area in the
passenger's foot well scrupulously clean to avoid lint and trash from being
sucked
up and collected by the evaporator when on recirc.  Also, don't park under
dirty trees.  They will crud up your AC system from the fresh air side--I don;t
care if your screen is intact, stuff just gets through there!  You will be
amazed at what can get through the blower!

I actually drove my car for about a week, with the dash removed, while
waiting for parts to come in.  Just had to plug the mechanical oil pressure
line and
a couple vacuum lines.

Wishing you success,

JIm Friesen