John said....

...There are folks who have earned the right to that wealth (ie, the folks
who defend our country), but the rest of us (myself included) are just
lucky.

 - Therein lies the problem.  Not content to just be thankful to have been
born here, the Liberals feel guilty because they were born here, and can
only assuage that guilt by taking money from those of us who work hard and
giving it to those who they deem to be "worthy".

John's comment reminds me of another point, one made by Robert Heinlein in
"Starship Trooper"....the theme of the story is that the only people allowed
to become citizens (and consequently...to vote) are those who have served in
the military and hence earned (and value) the benefits of citizenship.

My $.02

Royce