I swapped my engine recently with the one from my parts car. The car is
an 85 and now has an 84 or earlier 617.952 in it. The 85 has two temp
senders in the block, the older ones only had one. The plug is different
2 prong on the older and 4 prong (only 3 used) on the 85. I took the 2
prong apart and plugged the socket parts into the 4 prong plug on the
firewall. I have a signal now however my gauge never reads more than
60C. Was there a difference in water temp senders?

-Rolf