Before you replace the evaporator, I'd replace ALL the o-rings in all
the fittings and on the expansion valve.  o-rings soaked in mineral
oil and then exposed to R143a seem to rapidly become rock hard and
leak, often slowly enough there is little or no oil trace, but you
will slowly loose charge AND eat the compressor from the water that
leaks in.

There are quite a few -- one large one on each end of the compressor
hose set, 5 or seven on the condenser and receiver/dryer, and four on
the expansion valve.  All the liquid side ones are the same size, I
think, and MUST fit into the fitting easily -- the usual assorment
has  quite a few that are too large although they fit the hose well,
and they cut and leak.

Peter