I'm not sure if I have find every problems:
1. I have remove the hgweb.config encoding and let him choose.
2. There was also a subrepos that was not copied to the new file server
(the personne who did it though that this subrepos is no more used, so no
need to copy it! D'oh! still the error is a bit misleading, subrepos not
found could have been a funnier error message).
Seem to work so far, but I didn't use it much so far. Thanks for the
answer, yes we have non ascii file and characters inside some file (Qml
file are utf-8, i18n file name might too have non ascii characters).

Would be nice if mercurial would be utf-8 all the way. And only the local
update would convert to windows encoding from/to local files only (.hg into
UTF-8 encoding). Would simplify the encoding cross platform mind puzzle. I
guess that's wishful thinking and would result into other problems, hope
one day Windows handle UTF-8 properly all the way around. Maybe I just
don't get all the encoding difference with hg and windows/linux, but I
still have hard time understand what is in which encoding for crossplatform
repos, https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/CharacterEncodingOnWindows
confuse me more then it help

Thanks again for the tips,
Jerome

[image: bodycad] <https://www.bodycad.com/>
Jerome Godbout
Software Developer
2035 rue du Haut-Bord, Québec, QC, Canada. G1N 4R7
T:  +1 418 527-1388
E: jer...@bodycad.com
www.bodycad.com

The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely
for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message
has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by
reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.

Le contenu de ce message et les pièces jointes sont destinés uniquement
pour le(s) destinataire(s) et peuvent contenir des informations
confidentielles et / ou privilégiées qui peuvent être protégées légalement
contre toute divulgation. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message
ou son agent, ou si ce message vous a été adressé par erreur, s’il vous
plaît avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur par courriel de réponse, puis
supprimer ce message et les pièces jointes. Si vous n'êtes pas le
destinataire prévu, vous êtes par la présente informé que toute
utilisation, diffusion, copie, ou stockage de ce message ou de ses pièces
jointes est strictement interdit.

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 8:34 AM, Yuya Nishihara <y...@tcha.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 09:09:55 -0400, Jérôme Godbout wrote:
> > I have some trouble with the hgserve with apache2 with .cgi and my repos
> > hosting, it mostly work except when it tell me I have corrupted file, but
> > using the repos into local map drive work just fine and verify/recover
> > doesn't show any problems with it either.
> >
> > I known the setup is totally weird, but we try to get ride of many
> Windows
> > machines (it's a work in progress).
> >
> > I have the repos that was originally made under Windows copied to a Linux
> > based machine. The Linux repos file server is sharing it with Samba so
> > developer can pull/push to it. This work flawlessly.
> >
> > I would like to finish the apache2/hg cgi to have all user stop using the
> > map drive and use the web server instead. But right now I have a lot of
> > weird problems.
> >
> > I have a second Linux server that mount the samba share and have the
> > apache2 with the hgconfig for cgi-bin. I can browse the page, pull from
> it
> > but when I try to see some history (not all of them), raw or diff for
> some
> > file it tell me my file are corrupted.
>
> Does "hg verify" pass on the samba share? The first thing I would try is
> to stop using shared filesystem behind hgweb to see if it is a filesystem
> issue or not.
>
> > I think I might have some encoding problems. Since the repos was made
> under
> > Windows (porbably cp-1251 or wwindows-1251) and I'm using Linux for the
> > hgweb.
>
> Character encoding could be a problem if the repository has files of
> non-ASCII
> name, and if the underlying filesystem is encoding-aware (e.g. Samba.) If
> the
> repository is stored in local Unix filesystems (and if clients are
> Windows),
> filenames are just bytes so cp1251 filenames should just work.
>
_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
Mercurial@mercurial-scm.org
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial

Reply via email to