On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 11:58:53 -0400, Jérôme Godbout wrote:
> I'm not sure if I have find every problems:
> 1. I have remove the hgweb.config encoding and let him choose.
> 2. There was also a subrepos that was not copied to the new file server
> (the personne who did it though that this subrepos is no more used, so no
> need to copy it! D'oh! still the error is a bit misleading, subrepos not
> found could have been a funnier error message).
> Seem to work so far, but I didn't use it much so far. Thanks for the
> answer, yes we have non ascii file and characters inside some file (Qml
> file are utf-8, i18n file name might too have non ascii characters).
> 
> Would be nice if mercurial would be utf-8 all the way. And only the local
> update would convert to windows encoding from/to local files only (.hg into
> UTF-8 encoding). Would simplify the encoding cross platform mind puzzle. I
> guess that's wishful thinking and would result into other problems, hope
> one day Windows handle UTF-8 properly all the way around. Maybe I just
> don't get all the encoding difference with hg and windows/linux, but I
> still have hard time understand what is in which encoding for crossplatform
> repos, https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/CharacterEncodingOnWindows
> confuse me more then it help

No idea where you've found the encoding problem. Mercurial treats everything
(except for commit metadata) as bytes. Filenames are bytes and contents are
also bytes.

Also, UTF-8 can't be a silver bullet. It's reasonable choice only if the input
is a valid unicode (not apply to all Windows encodings.)
_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
Mercurial@mercurial-scm.org
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial

Reply via email to