hi manish,

i was going through this old article. I have a similar requriment. I need
to run my qtp script at the same time in 2 environment like stage and dev
so what all things to be done so we can have option for test set in qc to
pick either stage or deve for all selected test cases.

On Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:59:08 AM UTC+5:30, Manish Bhalshankar
wrote:

> Create a EnvVariable.ini file with the following content:
>
> [Environment]
> URL_ENV=http://www.google.co.in
>
> ____________End of file_____________
>
> QTP --> File --> Settings --> Environment tab.
> Select User-defined in Variable type dropdown. Check the Load variables
> and values from external file checkbox and select the EnvVariable.ini file
> (preferr giving relative path for the file).
>
> QTP -- > Automation --> Record and Run Settings.
> Select - Open the following address when a record or run session begins
> radio button.
>
> Now whenever you run the scripts, the browser will open the url mentioned
> in the EnvVariable.ini file. The changes made in this file will be
> reflected in all the scripts using this file.
>

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM, venkata bala subramanyam <
> venkatabala...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Can u please give me the info ,how to use enironment varible?
>>
>> Regards,
>> venkat.
>>   On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Manish Bhalshankar <
>> manishbh...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>>>  Using environment variable will be the best option for this so that
>>> the url can be changed at only one location and will be reflected in all
>>> the scripts.

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Manish | HPCP
>>>
>>> Messanger IDs:
>>> Skype: manishbhalshankar
>>> Yahoo: manishbhalshankar
>>> GTalk: manishbhalshankar
>>>

>> --
>> Venkata Bala
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Manish | HPCP
>
> Messanger IDs:
> Skype: manishbhalshankar
> Yahoo: manishbhalshankar
> GTalk: manishbhalshankar

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "QTP
- HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing" group.
to mercuryqtp+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.