Hi I am also encountering same kind of problem OR recognizes an object but
when they use descriptive programming it does not recognize the object. Can
anyone suggest.

On Friday, June 29, 2012 4:18:00 AM UTC+5:30, iau...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone encountered a situation where the OR recognizes an object but
> when they use descriptive programming it does not recognize the object?
>
> I am currently creating tests over a JAVA standalone application with all
> the correct plugins.
>
> For some reason for a certain object QTP recognizes it through the Object
> SPY and can be stored in the OR, but if I write a statement with the same
> object and descriptions, it does not recognize the object.
>
> Ex. BUTTON1 is defined in the OR and is recognized, both toolkit class and
> label are the only properties stored in OR, SMART ID is disabled.
>
> strTool = JavaWindow("XYZ").JavaButton("BUTTON1").GetROProperty("toolkit
> class")
> strLabel = JavaWindow("XYZ").JavaButton("BUTTON1").GetROProperty("label")
>
> msgbox JavaWindow("XYZ").JavaButton("toolkit
> class:="&strTool,"label:="&strLabel).exist
> msgbox JavaWindow("name:=XYZ").JavaButton("toolkit
> class:="&strTool,"label:="&strLabel).exist
>
> msgbox JavaWindow("XYZ").JavaButton("BUTTON1").exist
>

> In the above, the first and second msgbox returns a "false" and the third
> statement returns a  "true"
>
> Has anyone ever encountered this and how to overcome? BTW using index is
> the same.
>
> Thanks.
> iaussi

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "QTP
- HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing" group.
to mercuryqtp+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.