Hi Gautham,

Greetings!

We have worked with UFT 11.53, Flex SDK 4.5 and Flex automation build
compiled, task was successful.Now, As part of our next assignment, we have
to work with QTP 11.00. Can you please share how would be the object
hierarchy and what are the different Flex class object types identified by
QTP 11.00. The information you provide will really help us. Thanks in
advance.

Best Regards,
Anil Kalisetti.

On Monday, 29 October 2012 15:14:55 UTC+5:30, Gautham wrote:

> Thanks for you reply.
>
> I do have another query:
> We are using QTP11 with Flex 4.5 Add-in. After installing the Flex Add-In
> for QTP from Adobe and compliing the code with the Automation Libraries, we
> were able to identify the flex objects in QTP in Internet Explorer.
> But when we tried recoding in other browsers like firefox, chrome, safari,
> etc... these flex objects were not recognised.
> This must be because the Flex Addin for QTP is only suppportd by IE 6 or
> later. Is this right?
> If so, does it really add value to go ahead and automate this for only one
> browser?
> Also, If anyone here has done flex automation using QTP across different
> browsers, please provide your inputs so that we get a right sense of
> direction.
>
> Regards,
> Gautham Maroli
>

> On Monday, October 1, 2012 9:57:18 AM UTC+5:30, Joy wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> You needs to compile some flex files.
>> see *Installing and configuring Flex Automated Testing* section on below
>> page
>>
>> http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flex/2/install.html#at
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:50 AM, Gautham <gautham...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We have a Web application that is built using Flex 4.5  . I have added
>>> the QTP Addin so that it identifes the Flex Objects. But even after that
>>> QTP recognises the Objects in this webpage as
>>> "MacromediaFlashPlayerActiveX".
>>>

>>> But QTP is able to recognise the Objects in the sample web app from
>>> Adobe:
>>> http://examples.adobe.com/flex2/inproduct/lcds/flexstore/flexstore.html
>>>
>>> I would appreciate any inputs from People who have already done some
>>> Automation using QTP of a similar application. Is there anything that the
>>> developer needs to do such that tha App is supported for the Automation.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Gautham Maroli
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers...!!!!!
>>
>> Joy

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "QTP
- HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing" group.
to mercuryqtp+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.