Hi,

Here is how you can implement the pdf comparison without using the UFT's
pdf checkpoint.:

  1. Open the reference PDF
  2. Using 'SendKeys' method of Wscript, select all and copy the content to
clipboard (Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C)
  3. Create a notepad using FSO and paste (Ctrl+V) the copied content in to
the notepad save it.
  4. Close the reference pdf and notepad
  5. Open the pdf to be compared and repeat steps 2 - 4 with a second
notepad created.
  6. Create two FSO objects, copy open the two notepads.
  7. Compare these two notepads line by line.
  8. If there are any dynamic values like name, phone number, you should
create a permanent template of reference notepad and make use of RegEx
object to deal with the comparison so that you can check for the pattern of
the dynamic values.
  9. you better create modular functions for each of the above operation
and use them.

The UFT's pdf check point also works on the same logic, but I didn't use it
so far as I had to implement this logic before the feature was introduced.

Note: the copied content on the notepad may not be in the same order as
that of pdf.

You can reach me if you have any questions on the above approach.
Also please reply if it worked for you.

Thanks,
Shanker.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Gaurav Gupta <gauravkgupt...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think in this Comparison, You can use Image.GetVisibleText Property.  It
> will allow you to check the characters of pdf if containing less then 255
> chars.
>
> Also you can use Bitmap check Checkpoint because pdf will be recognized by
> QTP as plain Image.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 6:41:19 PM UTC+5:30, nids wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone suggest me how to so PDF content comparison using UFT 11.5.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nidhi
>>
>  --
> --
>
> ---
> "QTP - HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing" group.
> email to mercuryqtp+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Shanker.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "QTP