On 09/06/2016 02:46 PM, Ladislav Laska wrote:
> Yes, I expected some trouble. I didn't want to go the 0.18.3.1 way, as
> I'm unsure what else would break with the next version number.
>
> In the future, I will use x.y.z as major.minor.patch in hopes to release
> new features with major/minor change and use patch for bug fixing
> releases only.

That sounds good.

> By the way, are you doing builds for non-tagged commits? I'd be
> interested in publishing a link to them, so that debian users can test
> new versions without building. I have something like PPA in mind.

No, I only package releases.

Please keep compatibility with the merkaartor packages in the main
Debian & Ubuntu repositories in mind when you introduce merkaartor
development packages via a PPA.

You can use the packaging maintained by the Debian GIS team as the base,
and simply adjust the package version in debian/changelog accordingly
(by appending a ppa<N> suffix, or using pre-releases of the upcoming
version, e.g. 0.19.0~dev<N>).

I encourage you to maintain the packaging changes in a branch in the git
repository used for the official Debian packages, where you'll benefit
from peer-review of the packaging experts in the Debian GIS team.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1