I'm on a roll tonight. Here's another one from me. Sorry guys, but this one
was just too plain freaky to be a coincidence.

> The technical term is "superconductor" and I can conceive it quite fine
:-)
> (This will probably provoke more cryonics postings.)

I can see it now, George will be asking all you hardware guys how to
optimize version 118 for the 65536-bit Intel superconductor architecture.
The hardware guys better start working on this stuff, software guys like
these sort of gifts :)

> Room temp superconductors... or we can pull a star trek and use the warp
drive
> to speed up the speed of light and thus the optical components inside the
CPU.
> (This is how the computers on the NCC-1701-D supposedly work...if you
don't
> believe me, read the technical manual, available at fine bookstores
everywhere
> and on multimedia CD-ROM.)

And darn fine it is too. And all true ya know. There's only one leap of
faith required for it all to be possible (subspace), ok, maybe the
transporter is something else, but E=mc^2 makes that already seem like fact.
I had to stop myself going into Star Trek mode on my last post. Paul saved
me the embarrassment because I would have made a mess of it.

> >...maybe every electronic device in my house will be squaring and
> >subtracting 2 in its idle time.
> I'd rather compute a Mersenne LL test.

Erm, Paul.... it *is* an LL test. I forgot the mod N, but there's no charge
for that :)

> cycles to exploring the Mandelbrot set, not some Julia set. And the Julia
set
> in question here is the world's least interesting...just a line segment.

... and it's "*the*" LL test as well. Freaky, eh? But surely not the world's
least interesting? Let's go Star Trek with it, this uninteresting,
line-segment Julia set is folded in subspace (ok, modulo N space, it's
getting late and I really need a trek fix right now) into an LL test. I just
posted that... how strange. Great minds think alike, and all that.

> Square and add i and you get something a tad more interesting...
> like from a storm chaser's lucid dreams.

A very different LL test, but still an LL test. A lucid dream, most
definitely, but perhaps a catalog of all the Lucas pseudoprimes
discriminant -1 (so of the form 4n+3)?

>>> have "Microsoft SpaceBender V1.1a SR3"...
>> Now that would give a whole new meaning to "Internet Exploder". Can you
spell
>> "core breach"?

"Gimme an M, Gimme an I, Gimme a C.....".

>URGENT CORRECTION to the preceding Microsoft-related article.

I love the list server when the "preceding article" arrives afterwards. Some
relativistic effect, obviously.

>"Core breach" wouldn't begin to describe it. It would probably leave one of
>those subspace rifts that hangs around and swallows hapless ships long
after
>the original disaster becomes last century's news...

Or maybe worse. One might board the hapless ship and find Bill Gates rather
than Montgomery Scott suspended in the transporter pattern buffer...

Enough already, I'm probably already in too many people's killfiles than is
healthy.

Chris Nash etc etc....