Brian J. Beesley writes:

>thereafter. I think George's idea was to encourage people to do the
>appropriate amount of trial factoring - if you didn't do enough, and
>proceed to run the LL test, you lose the credit because you should

This doesn't fit with my understanding of how Prime95 works. I though that
the program automatically chose the factoring depth using a formula that
weighs the chance of finding a factor against the time that would be
required for the LL test. If there is a way for the user to control the
amount of factoring, then it is news to me.

David A. Miller
Rumors of my existence have been greatly exaggerated.