>>> Speaking of Q2.6, I've heard that with Crandall's DWT, the subtraction
>>> 2 step costs nothing at all.  It's done automatically within the
>>> transformation.  Try checking this with George Woltman.
>>Is this true?

>Not knowing for certain; I thought the DWT did the modulo for you, not the
>subtraction?

Yes, it does the mod.  I read in the archives that x^2-2 could be interpreted
as a "delta polynomial" which would give it a valid Fourier transform.
I was wondering if this was what was actually performed.

I doubt it is as optimizing the -2 step would hardly produce amazing results.
Optimizing the -2 step down to nothing (with the amazingly high estimate of
1/50,000th of a sec) would gain only .3 CPU years for all exponents in the
7million range.  I was just making sure.

-Lucas Wiman