On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 02:24:32AM +0100, Ian L McLoughlin wrote:
>Really I want to know about the difference between floating point
>computation and integer based calculations.

To put it short: FP is _much_ faster on all CPUs. Even on the Cyrixes, which
have very slow FP.

>Perhaps somebody can write a programme for pur integer based
>calculations.,???

Sorry, it would be even slower than using FP-only. If you'd like work well
suited to your Cyrix, you can always do factoring -- there is an integer-
only version of the factoring algorithm, which is automatically used if you
say you have a Cyrix or a 486.

/* Steinar */