"Brian J. Beesley" wrote:
// Regarding factoring Mersennes to v19 depth...

> If you do decide to do this, you're on your own - don't be surprised
> if someone else does the same thing independently - there's no
> mechanism for coordination to avoid wasted effort.

Partially. There now exists software to automate most of this, with intent to
update the shared status files every month. Don't remember the URL, but
little browsing of the Prime95 homepage should turn this stuff up. It's not
exactly what I was looking for, though, I'm playing on filling some of the
holes in Cunningham-tables and this means expending some extra effort on the
lower Mersenne numbers. I'd like to have trial-factoring beyond the v19 limit
among the options to go at this, altough I'm understanding this isn't
apparently very fruitful method. Anyway, still waiting to hear if ECM will,
eventually, find all factors or if it leaves "factors" in the range...

 -Donwulff